Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Focus on....everything?

I've always focused too much on the "someday" aspect of the future without really thinking about what I need to do to get there. Well, other than winning the lottery. Which I don't really play. Until it gets up into the 300 billion range and then, yeah, I buy a ticket or two.

But anyway, I need to start thinking of the steps involved to getting to be where I want to be, in small, easier to attain and daily goals.

And thinking about which of these fantasies is really the one I want? I imagine different lives all the time, but what goal is best, while still being realistically attainable? And where do I want to end up? What kind of things/people do I want my happiness depending on? What kind of life do I want for myself?

These are really hard questions, and I don't know if I'll ever feel even keeled enough to answer any of them the same way twice.

I guess I just want everything. That's not a helpful thing at all.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's that you want everything, it's that there is no one thing that you want badly enough to focus your time and effort on it long enough for it to get you anywhere in the current moment (except maybe writing?). I have the same problem. It's very, very depressing and crazy-making.

    ReplyDelete